Sukicolor Mineral Makeup ReviewI was recently introduced to Sukicolor, an eco-friendly makeup line that uses minerals and other natural ingredients to create products that are supposed to highlight your natural beauty while providing added benefits to your skin.
I had the opportunity to test out Suki’s Tinted Active Moisturizer, which is basically a liquid mineral foundation that provides light hydration.
This tinted mineral moisturizer comes in two shades: “Natural”, for fair to medium complexions, and “Bronze” (which is the one I tried) for medium to darker complexions.
So how well did this tinted mineral foundation work?When I first applied this bronzey, tinted moisturizer, I was a little concerned that it might be too dark for my non-fake-baked, medium-olive skin color. After blending the product onto my face, however, I was very pleased with the way it gave me a warm, very natural boost of color while evening out my skin tone and minimizing minor imperfections.
Since this mineral-pigmented moisturizer is so sheer, it should work on a wide variety of skin tones…just keep that concealer handy if you need to cover up bigger blemishes or dark undereye circles.
A Minor Drawback?One thing that concerns me a little about this moisturizer is that it’s scented with essential oils that could potentially irritate the skin. Personally, I enjoy the Aveda-like fragrance of this product and my (mostly) non-sensitive skin hasn’t experienced any problems since I’ve been using this tinted moisturizer.
Nevertheless, I’d love to see this product come in a fragrance-free version for those who either have very sensitive skin or for those who don’t enjoy the scent of the product.
The Bottomline on Suki Tinted Moisturizer: This is a very nice, cream-based, mineral foundation that left my skin looking glowy and lush. I definitely recommend it.
Sukicolor Tinted Active Moisturizer is available for $42 from Whole Foods or from http://sukicolor.com/products_moisturizer.php.
More Reviews of Tinted Moisturizers:
The light-weight Boots Botanics Tinted Moisturizer is my pick for oily skin types.
For an ultra-sheer tinted moisturizer with a high SPF, try Lorac ProtecTINT.
Or, if you’re looking for a little more coverage, you might like Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer or one of my all-time favorite stand-by’s, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheer.
No comments:
Post a Comment